3/24/2010 Alaska’s Immediate Benefits of Health Reform
Recognizing the passage of comprehensive health care reform legislation, Sen. Mark Begich spoke on the senate floor of the immediate benefits Alaskans will receive.
– A panel to improve federal health care in Alaska
– Incentives for primary care providers entering the workforce
– Funding for community hospitals
– Tax credits for small businesses
– Care for children with pre-existing conditions
– The ability for young Alaskans to stay on family insurance to the age of 26